If I was trying to win mom of the year; today I would have lost big time! During a routine trip to foodlion for groceries it became nothing of the ordinary. While checking out my daughter decided to hold my hand instead of sitting in cart like I had asked her to do. I told her you have to be still and hold my hand and she was angry with this request so she put her arms up to be held. Of course I said no because im paying and trying to bag my own groceries due to slack employees who see me with a 2 year old and im 5 months pregnant and dont offer to help. So at this moment she reaches up my arm and digs her nails into my forearm and runs out of the automatic double doors into the small road passing by store heading for parking lot. I drop everything and go running after her. She ran out screaming "I hate you" and as any mom this hurts. As she hit the sidewalk before the road I saw the car... She continued to run and the car was still coming. The lady stopped with in an inch of hitting my daughter. My daughter saw me coming and decided to fall out in road and throw a fit while I'm panicked and crying.
My heart stopped a few times I'm sure. I picked her up and the lady in car was too panicked and I explained to her through my tears what happened and she said "hunny I have three kids and this is just one of those things that happen; no worries". I thanked her and a foodlion employee brought my groceries to my truck and loaded them. He asked "mam do you need anything? ". This boggled me but I'm sure he didnt have children so I said no and thanks.
I sat in my truck and cried. I had seen flashes of my daughters life as I saw the car heading straight for her and I felt thankful, scared, and furious all at the same time. She is sitting in her carseat and well needless to say the next event that happened she definitely did not like. Yes I spanked my daughter out of love. She knows better and has to learn from this as well as me too. I'm going to be that crazy parent with the child harness and leash. Being very pregnant I cannot move as quickly as I'd like to have. So now when I go with her to places without my husband which is very often I will have no worries in her running from me and getting away.
I enjoy being a mother and with another baby on the way I have definitely learned a lot over the past 2 years,but I was not prepared for todays events.
Just another day in paradise!
No comments:
Post a Comment